The governor was in New Madrid County checking out the double bridge project on Route 162 between Portageville and Gideon.Â
SIU has some upgrades planned for their east campus residence halls.
The University is installing 1500 new Wi-Fi access points, and adding new wiring to almost 1300 rooms.Â
The Marion Carnegie Library is partnering with a program to bring computers to those who need them.
PCs for People is a group that helps give refurbished computers and internet access to low income individuals and families.
The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity’s Office of Broadband gave Jackson County around $5 million.
Gov. Andy Beshear and Lt. Gov. Jacqueline Coleman announced that Kentucky has been awarded a $1 million federal grant to help expand high-speed internet across the commonwealth.
WASHINGTON (AP) � The sweeping $1 trillion infrastructure bill approved by the Senate this week includes funding for Western water projects that farmers, water providers and environmentalists say are badly needed across the parched region. The Senate voted this week in favor of the legislation that seeks to rebuild America’s roads and highways, improve broadband
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) � Applications for $50 million in federal funds allocated for projects that expand internet access to unserved communities in Kentucky are now open, Gov. Andy Beshear said Wednesday. Broadband providers should complete their applications and submit proposals by Oct. 25. Earlier this year, Beshear and Kentucky’s General Assembly agreed to allocate $300
The Senate’s $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure plan includes a $65 billion investment in broadband that the White House says will “deliver reliable, affordable, high-speed internet to every household.� It may not actually achieve that, but it’s a major step. The “digital divide� is a persistent problem in the U.S. that became glaringly obvious during the
Students at Cobden Junior and Senior High School are trying to make a difference for internet access equality in Union County.
The company that administers the SAT college entrance exam is scrapping plans to provide a home version of the test this year.