CARBONDALE, Ill. -- One person is now in custody in relation to a shooting investigation in Carbondale from earlier in May where three were shot, two of which were juvenile teenagers.
The Carbondale Police Department said on May 19, a juvenile suspect is now in custody after turning themselves in on a warrant. This is in relation to the May 9th shooting along the 500-block of South Rawlings Street.
Police are still seeking one other juvenile suspect in connection with the shooting which sent three to the hospital with serious injuries in Carbondale, police said.
Police earlier said an arrest warrant has been issued for the other suspect. Names for both of these suspects in this case are not being released because of their age.
The shooting happened around 6:30 p.m. on the 500-block of South Rawlings Street on May 9.
Police said they've determined it was the result of a dispute between people who knew each other.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to contact the City of Carbondale Police Department at (618) 549-2121. You may also call the Carbondale/SIU Crime Stoppers anonymous tip line at (618) 549-COPS (2677) or the Murphysboro/Jackson County anonymous tip line at (618) 687-COPS (2677).